Want to know more about WiFiWi.Fi?
What is the difference between a traditional Wi-Fi network and a Wi-Fi network for the public access to the Internet?
A Wi-Fi network designed for managing public Internet access, has the specific purpose of allowing users to access temporarily the Internet while they are in places outside their homes or offices, generally for limited amount of time, in a easy way and using their own devices (notebooks, tablets, smartphones, etc. ) without having to change any configuration.
Moreover, public Wi-Fi networks must allow the businesses hosting them to limit the access to authorized users only, setting time/bandwidth limits and, in specific cases, allowing to charge users for Internet access.
A Wi-Fi managed access solution, such as WiFiWi.Fi, allows a local business owner to provide the service, in a professional manner, to his/her customers while getting enormous benefits for himself, as the venue owner. This cannot be achieved with a traditional Wi-Fi network.
Do I need any license or permission to allow Wi-Fi access in my commercial activity?
No, you do not need any permission or license. You can provide your customers with the service without any bureaucratic complication.
The only suggested requirement is to adopt a specific system, like WiFiWi.Fi, allowing to control the service (implementing some kind of authentication method) and permitting to relieve the venue owner from any responsibility related to users’ activity.
Providing Internet access to customers today is fast and easy: all you need is WiFiWiFi!
How can I implement WiFiWi.Fi in my business?
You can Implement WiFiWi.Fi by contacting us via email at email@example.com.
What are the authentication methods supported by WiFiWi.Fi?
In order to create and distribute user accounts, WiFiWi.Fi provides various options.
Each venue owner can simultaneously provide to his customers multiple authentication methods, choosing among the following:
1) Access via SOCIAL MEDIA LOGIN (Facebook, Twitter): it allows users to access using their social network credentials. The owner can define the access duration, with the opportunity to limit the number of each user’s accesses on a daily basis. During the login with Facebook process, the owner may request users to “Like” their business Facebook page. The owner may also ask users to automatically share their presence with their Facebook friends.
2) Access via SMS. This authentication method provides users with a free time-based account, the duration of which can be autonomously defined by the owner. If the owner enables the user credentials delivery via SMS, users will be asked to enter their mobile phone number in order to let the system send them, within a few seconds, a SMS containing the access credentials. This authentication method can only provide access to the Internet for free.
3) Access via registration consists in sending credentials to users via email. The self-service authentication method provides users with a free time-based account, the duration of which can be autonomously defined by the owner. If the owner enables the user credentials delivery via email, users will be asked to enter their email address in order to let the system send them, within a few seconds, an email containing the access credentials . Self Service authentication method can only provide access to the Internet for free.
4) Access via PIN codes : the location can delivers vouchers to users (for free or charging a rate), containing a secret code for them to enter on the “portal-page” while accessing to the Internet.
5) MANUAL access lets the venue owner create an account and hand-deliver a voucher to his customers. This option supports free or paid account creation. In order to do this, the owner can use the WiFiWi.Fi control panel, accessible online from any computer connected to the Internet. The venue owner can provide a code for many users, as well as a code for each individual user.
For what kind of use is WiFiWi.Fi suitable?
WiFiWi.Fi is designed to be an affordable and easy solution for controlling a Wi-Fi network and providing Internet access in any kind of local business. WiFiWi.Fi is perfect for bars, coffee shops, libraries, pubs, shops, small hotels, restaurants and so on.
Furthermore, WiFiWi.Fi is designed to manage and control multiple networks in multiple locations which can be controlled by a single control panel. Brands, restaurant chains, auto repair service areas, are just few examples of mutliple networks which WiFiWi.Fi is able to manage and control.
Generally, the “common denominator” of WiFiWi.Fi-using locations feature the presence of few indoor or outdoor areas to be covered, reaching up to two or three adjacent areas (such as the whole interior of a bar and its whole outdoors opposite area) and reaching approximately 32 simultaneous users. If the need is for more users to connect simultaneously, control modules can be added as required.
What are the technical requirements to activate of WiFiWi.Fi?
In order to activate WiFiWi.Fi and control your Wi-Fi Internet network, you just need an Internet connection to use with the WiFiWi.Fi controller, which will provide the service to users and manage their access. The WiFiWi.Fi controller will be connected to the router used by the connectivity supplier and will manage the incoming connection within the location.
How do I install the controller and how can I activate the service?
WiFiWi.fi can be installed and activated in complete autonomy, without the intervention of a technician. After having sent the activation request and having received the controller, you will just have to follow the instructions provided with the installation kit. Activation is fast and can be managed in a few minutes. If problems arise during the installation, you can contact our support department. We will be more than happy to guide you through the installation via phone, Skype and/or Teamviewer.
What is WiFiWi.Fi coverage range?
WiFiWi.Fi is a network controller and is not meant to increase of decrease the coverage area of your Wi-Fi network. Usually, the device works in conjunction with your existing installation. Coverage for a typical installation is in the range of about 30-40 meters. Enough to bring an effective Wi-Fi signal to a whole “open” space of large dimensions (for example, the main room of a local restaurant and a possible indoors or outdoors table area).
I want to increase the Wi-Fi coverage by adding some access-points. Is it possible?
Yes, you may extend the coverage provided by your Wi-Fi network. The WiFiWi.Fi controller has a LAN port to which you can connect additional access-points using a network switch. You can use any kind of access-point.
To get the most reliable service, it is recommended that you to connect the additional access-points using a network cable.
I am a reseller of products and services related to IT and telecommunications and I would like to submit WiFiWi.Fi to my customers. Is it possible?
This is possible. Please contact us to get the information you need and the full reseller documentation.
I already have a high speed Internet connection. Can I use it for WiFiWi.Fi or do I have to activate a new data connection?
Yes. Any active broadband Internet connection can be used without issues. WiFiWi.Fi controller is designed to be activated on existing connections. The venue owner or manager and his staff potentially will continue to access their secure Wi-Fi without being subject to the access limits and restrictions which will be active for customers.
I want to create an outdoors Wi-Fi area, what do I need?
Additional access-points can be installed outdoors. Make sure they are weatherproof and they are designed to ensure the transmission even in outdoor areas such as terraces, swimming-pools, beach resorts, etc …
I would like to activate WiFiWi.Fi in multiple locations belonging to the same brand. Is that possible?
Yes. WiFiWi.Fi can be activated in multiple locations belonging to the same property, management or brand. The “multiple network” option can also be activated in multi-location installations allowing users to access any location with the same credentials.
Furthermore, multiple networks come with favorable business conditions. Get in touch with us to get a quotation and a customized design!
More questions? Here are some options.
You can contact us as follows: